[ltp] Re: 3com 3c556b mini pci lan + modem on thinkpad x20

Darrell Shively linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Thu, 25 Jan 2001 10:22:08 -0800

Alan Shutko wrote:

> Darrell Shively <dash@cisco.com> writes:
>
> > It turns out that doing this destabilizes suspend/resume.
> > When this change is in place, my x20 locks up during ~50% of
> > resumes.
>
> That's no good... could it be that pcmcia is grabbing the sound
> interrupt?

Well, I'm not really using PCMCIA much, but it appears that pretty much
everything else *is* using interrupt 11.

Here's what cs4281.o says when it's loaded:
	PCI: Found IRQ 11 for device 00:0b.0
	PCI: The same IRQ used for device 00:08.0
	PCI: The same IRQ used for device 01:00.0

... and here's my /proc/interrupts:

           CPU0
  0:      65911          XT-PIC  timer
  1:       1151          XT-PIC  keyboard
  2:          0          XT-PIC  cascade
 11:       2203          XT-PIC  Ricoh Co Ltd RL5c476 II, Ricoh Co Ltd
RL5c476 II (#2), usb-uhci, eth0, Crystal CS4281
 12:        718          XT-PIC  PS/2 Mouse
 14:     670523          XT-PIC  ide0
NMI:          0
ERR:          0

... so maybe things would work better if cs4281.o wasn't using interrupt
11?
Then again, I'm not explicitly allocating any of these interrupts... I
assume the kernel knows what it's doing?  ;-)

I tried loading module cs4281 with a different irq, but it refused.
Glancing at the source, there are no MODULE_PARM() definitions, which
leads me to believe that it takes no parameters?

Module 3c59x also refuses an irq parameter to modprobe... so I'm running
low on ideas.

Maybe someone more knowledgeable than I (that's most everyone) has a
suggestion?

> --
> Alan Shutko <ats@acm.org> - In a variety of flavors!
> I can relate to that.

   regards,
	- dash
   "I am related to that?"

--
Darrell Shively   Cisco Systems Inc.   "No matter where you go,
(aka dash)        121 Theory Dr.       there you are..."  --