[ltp] slow, boiling hot 770

Danny R. Faught linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Fri, 26 Jan 2001 14:32:19 -0600

Greg Cook wrote:
> This also suppresses a whistle on the speakers.  Does anyone have a clue
> what the Thinkpad might be doing every 125us and how I can stop it?

Not sure if it's related, but when I boot Windows 2000 on top of Linux
using VMware, I often get a loud whistle after Windows initializes its
sound subsystem.  It appears to be a feedback loop between the speaker
and the builtin microphone on my 309E.  I can suppress it by using kmix
on the Linux side to lower the record volume down to zero.

I'm using the default sound system on SuSE 6.4, which is pretty hit and
miss.
---
Danny Faught -- Cigital, Inc. -- Software Alchemist
   http://www.cigital.com/~faught
     "Everything is deeply intertwingled."  (Ted Nelson, _Computer Lib_)