[ltp] The server has moved

Douglas E. Mitton linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Sat, 27 Jan 2001 16:49:17 -0500 (EST)

<SmartAlec Mode On>

You mean IE runs on a thinkpad under Linux too?!?!?!  I picked the right
hardware to buy!   :-)

</SmartAlec Mode Off>

Repeat, really BIG SMILEY!   :-)

On 27 Jan 2001, Rob Mayoff wrote:

> > But can anybody shed some light on this magic 'favicon' thing? I
> > constantly see errors in my webserver logfiles with arbitrarily
> > constructed 'favicon' URLs. None of my html pages contain any references
> > to it, obviously it doesn't exist on my server either.
>
> You should be happy to see those errors.  It means people are
> bookmarking your pages.  When you bookmark a page in IE, IE requests
> favicon.ico from the server.  If the server has a favicon.ico, IE uses
> it as the icon for that page in the bookmark list.

  Doug Mitton - Brockville, Ontario, Canada
                'City of the Thousand Islands'
  Amateur Radio: VE3DMZ        (ve3dmz@rac.ca)
           http://www3.sympatico.ca/dmitton/