[ltp] Sound on the 770Z with RH 7.0?

Jay Salmonson linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Tue, 30 Jan 2001 12:09:53 -0800

Hello,

I recently successfully installed Redhat 7.0 on my Thinkpad 770z.  RH
was great at automatically configuring many things, but sound was not
one of them (it tried, but it doesn't work).  It correctly identified
the Crystal Audio sound board and installed the cs46xx.o module, but no
sound.

My question is: has anyone been able to get their sound to work on a
770z?  If so, could you describe what modules you installed and how (or
kernel config).  I've looked thru all of the helpful resource webpages
and archives of this list, but most apply to the 770x with only a few
tantalizing hints about the 770z.  The 770z is evidently a bit different
and as yet I've seen no clear indication if or how someone got sound to
come out.

I'm keeping e-notes on my installation, so when I get this working I
intend to put these on a webpage.

Thanks!

Jay Salmonson,
salmonson@llnl.gov