[ltp] source for Intel PCI Enet?

Markus Alt linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Wed, 31 Jan 2001 00:49:43 +0100

David Newman wrote:

> After the death of a Xircom PC Card, I'm in the market for an integrated
> Enet/modem combo for my Thinkpad T21 2647-67U.
>
> This system already has a modem; it's the Ethernet part I need.
>
> I heard that IBM has sold both Intel and 3Com Ethernet parts, and that
>
> 1) the Intel is a bit more reliable and
> 2) the Intel seems to have been discontinued.
>
> Any beads on a source for the Intel Ethernet?

AFAIK the latest Ethernet/modem models where shipped with the
Intel/Lucent combo. At least this is what the spec sheets say which are
available at the IBM ThinkPad page.

In addition to that, if you go to the "Upgrades & Services" section
on the ThinkPad page and search for networking upgrades for the 2647
model, you'll find the Ethernet/modem MiniPCI card to replace your
currently installed modem card. On that page, the combo card is also
declared to be an Intel/Lucent part.

So bottom line: You should be able to get the Intel/Lucent
Ethernet/Modem MiniPCI card directly from IBM.

Markus