[ltp] loadlin bombing out

M. Leo Cooper linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Mon, 2 Jul 2001 10:25:34 -0700 (MST)

On Mon, 2 Jul 2001, Jake Roersma wrote:

> I have a thinpad 760XL and i am trying to use loadlin because I have no
> floppy and my cd-rom does not boot from load.

You should nevertheless be able to install Linux directly from the CD ROM
drive. From DOS, change to the drive letter of the CD drive (D: or E:). Change
to either the \dosutils or \autoboot directory. Look for either an
"autoboot.bat" or "cdrom.bat" file. Run it, and this should kickstart the
Linux installation process.

In the worst-case scenario, you might have to copy "autoboot.bat" to your hard
drive and edit it.

Good luck.