[ltp] tp600 / rh7.1 install/run issues

Richard Neill linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Wed, 04 Jul 2001 00:05:38 +0100

Being a Linux Newbie, (ie doing some research *before* taking the plunge with
a thinkpad), I found this from a friend about Thinkpad Trackpoint support. I'm
not certain it's accurate, but it might be useful?

Richard

" It's a known issue in the version of the kernel that was released with
8.0.  If you use a more recent version (e.g. the recently-released
MandrakeFreq) then you will get a version of the kernel in which the
problem is fixed.  Alternatively, you might be able to work around it by
using a serial mouse during installation, then installing an upgraded
kernel before using the internal PS/2 mouse."