[ltp] TP600, RH7, Serial problem

Lafy linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Fri, 6 Jul 2001 13:28:08 +0200

Hello guys,
I've read a lot in this mailinglist, about troubles and solutions with
non-working serial port. I've tried them, but non worked for me.
Is there a step by step manual, how to make it work?
I'm having doubleboot WIN98/RH7 instalation on thinkpad 600.
WIN98 is working fine, but using RH I can't connect through Serial
port to any device.
I've installed tpctl v.1, kernel 2.2.16:
after boot I get:
/usr/local/bin/tpctl --resource-serial-all
resource state:                                       current
   serial port 1:                                     disable 0x3f8 IRQ0
   serial port 2:                                     disable 0x2f8 IRQ0

When I set /usr/local/bin/tpctl --rs1=enable --rs1=irq4
tpctl: serial port 1 has been enabled
tpctl: serial port 1 interrupt has been set to IRQ4
resource state:                                       current
   serial port 1:                                     enable  0x3f8 IRQ4

everything looks fine, but I stil cannot communicate with devices
through serial line.
Is there any solution, to make it work?
Thanks in advance,
Lafy