[ltp] can't detect all 256 MB of RAM (RH 6.2, 2.2.14 on 770X)

Jake Roersma linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Mon, 9 Jul 2001 11:39:40 -0400

Specifying more memory than you actaully have will cause the kernel to bomb
out outputting an oops error.. So when you are toying with
append="mem=FOO", make sure you've got a back up kernel image with no
memory specifed in lilo.conf.. Otherwise you'll have to hunt down that boot
disk you can never seem to find..

Jake Roersma
Network Engineer
Triton Technologies Inc.