[ltp] What HD do you recommend?

Christian Mueller linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Fri, 13 Jul 2001 10:26:02 +0200

Hi!

I have also upgraded my TP600E with the DJSA-220 drive. It works
quite well, both under win98se and R.H. 7.1.

The windows recovery cd didn't like the new drive, it refused an
installation. Using a normal win-install cd and the drivers of the IBM
website, I had no problems.

As the TP600E has a 12.7mm slot and the drive has 9.5mm, you'll
need a special frame. This frame is about 80,- EURO. This isn't
very cheap, so I simply used rubber-pads to fix it. Works pretty
good, just be careful not to cover the breathing hole on the drives
top.

Chris