[ltp] KDE2.x

Jan Csernoch linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Sat, 14 Jul 2001 14:54:23 +0200

> The thinkpad is the only one that locks up on me with any frequency.  It
> doesn't seem to crash - the mouse moves (though clicks are ignored) &
> the clock blinks.  There is just no way to get it to accept any user
> input, including switching consoles.  Interstingly, one can
> suspend/resume fine (though the UI is still ignoring input).
>
> If inetd is running, I can telnet in & shutdown.  Otherwise, it's the
> power switch.
>
> Have you tried kde 2.1.1?  I have pulled down the SRPMS, but
> unfortunately there are no binaries for some reason.  kde.org blames
> RedHat...

I still have the same problem with KDE 2.1.2. I experiened it even with
gnome. I think it must be the graph driver. My workaround is, when it
occures I press CTRL-ALT-ESC and then either the skull appears or the
forzen application disappears. The problem comes up if the panel
disappears. Anyone knows how to restart the panel in KDE?

I really could live without this annoyance, anyone? There was someone
posting a workaround on this some time ago, but I lost the letter.

thx,