[ltp] lm-sensors again

Peter Sheridan Dodds linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Sat, 14 Jul 2001 19:24:59 -0400 (EDT)

i'd get lm_sensors off pretty quickly myself...

kde wants it but it it's not really required...
you can just choose to have
the installation proceed without it.

some info:
bill mair's site:
http://www.bm-soft.com/~bm/tp770x.html
thomas hood's site:
http://panopticon.csustan.edu/thood/tp600lnx.htm#secsens

there's more in the archives of this mailing list.

overall
i've been through some considerable trauma with my 600X
in the last few months:
the hard drive died horribly,
the mother board was replaced (i think lm_sensors was the issue here)
and the lcd just spat it the other day
(IBM managed to pick it up on wednesday and return it by friday).

they did replace the battery as well which had
become thoroughly dismal in its performance...

-> peter