[ltp] configuring T20 built-in ethernet card for DHCP

Michael Brooker linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Mon, 16 Jul 2001 16:12:36 +0100

Hi Amuche, I've a T20 and found the built-in ethernet pretty good. It's the
2647 84G model and I run SuSE 7.2. Setting up eth0 as a DHCP client was no
problem using Yast2, that's SuSE's admin program.

Mike Brooker

-----Original Message-----
From: Amuche [mailto:achukudebelu@yahoo.com]
Sent: 16 July 2001 14:27
To: linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Subject: [ltp] configuring T20 built-in ethernet card for DHCP

hi,
i have a thinkpad t20 which comes with a built-in
ethernet card. i'm not sure how good of an ethernet
card it is, but for some reason (running redhat 7.1) i
tried using "netcfg" at the prompt to set up the
ethernet interface to use dhcp. after saving it, i
typed "sync" and then "/etc/rc.d/init.d/network
restart" at the prompt and eth0 failed...
any ideas why?

=====