[ltp] mwavem 20010714 released

Mon, 16 Jul 2001 16:50:01 -0500 (CDT)

Hmm...  I tried sending this to the list earlier, but it doesn't seem to
have made it...  (at least I didn't see the note on the list)  So here it
is again..

Grab it here:  http://oss.software.ibm.com/acpmodem/

Here are the release notes:

Version 20010714 Source

    * Includes the latest device driver source code which includes locking
fixes among other fixes and changes.
    * mwavedd module parameters are now prefixed with tp3780i_.
    * Mwaved script updated to work with driver built as a module and
built into the kernel proper.  Also uses new module parameter names.
    * Autoconfiscated code improves and simplifies build and install...
        - The build process now uses the three steps ./configure; make;
make install.
        - The mwavem binary, mwavem.conf, and DSP files install under
/usr/local by default.
        - mwavem.conf created by ./configure based upon options it is
given.
        - Fixed device driver module build and install issues.
        - Alternate Linux kernel source directory can be provided to
./configure
	- Device driver compilation can now be turned off.
    * Race condition in mwavem fixed.  (Fabrice Bellet)
    * v90.dsp, which provides 56K functionality, has been brought up to
date.  (Thanks to Thomas Hood for pointing this out)
    * Updated Mwave mini-HOWTO.
    * Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) now included.

    * Known bugs/issues...
        - Device driver does not register with devfs properly.

Cheers...Paul...

--

Paul B Schroeder
paulsch@haywired.net