Pmtest

LE MOIGNE Rocco rlemoign@yahoo.com
Wed, 18 Jul 2001 11:24:21 -0700 (PDT)

I just installed 2.4.6, and turned ACPI on. I
installed the latest acpid package and the latest
pmtools package but for me something goes wrong.
On startup, ACPI reports "Power resource: found"
twice. And, using the pmtest program in pmtools I was
not able to switch off the PCMCIA interface or any
other device. When first I do a ./pmtest -l, I can see
the following list devices:
VGA (D0)
PCMCIA (D0)
keyboard (D0)
PCI 0x0 (D0)
After, when I do a ./pmtest -d3 VGA Ox41d00900,
nothing happen. Also, I do a new ./pmtest -l, and I
can see the following list devices:
VGA (D3)
PCMCIA (D0)
keyboard (D0)
PCI 0x0 (D0)
In fact, I don't understand why the screen is not
really in a suspend mode.
Could you please tell me what I am supposed to do now
to use correctly the pmtest of the pmtools package?

And I have another problem: when I start the labtop
with the AC-connector and I put it off when ACPI
driver is on, the screen shut down and I lost the
control of my cumputer. This doesn't happen when I use
the kernel without ACPI. So I think ACPI is working,
though I cannot control it by using pmtest.

Could you please tell me what I should do? Thanks a
lot.

Sincerely,

Rocco LE MOIGNE.