[ltp] PCMCIA network card

Marc Huffnagle linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Thu, 19 Jul 2001 09:49:02 -0700 (PDT)

I just installed Redhat 7.1 on my Thinkpad 380D.
Everything is working fine but now I'm trying to set
up my PCMCIA network card and I have absolutely no
idea how.  When I do a "cardctl ident" it picks up my
card in socket 0 and identifies it as a 3com
officeconnect 572b, which is correct.  When I do an
"ifconfig" it doesn't display eth0.  What do I need to
change in which config files, startup scripts, etc?
Let me know if there's any other information that
would be useful, this is the first time I've had to
mess around with PC cards in Linux.  Thanks.

     - Marc