[ltp] mwavem 1.0-1 deb available

Thomas Hood linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Fri, 20 Jul 2001 06:20:22 +0100 (BST)

I have put together a rudimentary Debian package of mwavem
the Mwave/ACP modem daemon.

The package contains all the files that ThinkPad/Debian users need
to use mwavem; however it is not a completely kosher package
in that it does not run update-modules, update-devfsd, or
update-rc.d as part of the installation---as it ought to do
for the installation to be complete.  So remember to run these
commands yourself.  I.e., do the following:
  # (Clean out old versions of mwave files)
  # cd /tmp
  # wget http://panopticon.csustan.edu/thood/mwavem_1.0-1_i386.deb
  # dpkg --install mwavem_1.0-1_i386.deb
  # update-modules
  # update-rc.d mwave defaults
  # update-devfsd

Note that this version of mwavem will work only with the latest
release of the driver module, version 20010718.  It's best to
use the 20010718 kernel patch.

--
Thomas Hood

=====