[ltp] Thinkpad (Butterfly) 701's

Malcolm Dean linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Fri, 20 Jul 2001 15:39:13 -0700

I'm not sure about that. It comes on a module with a tape-like attachment,
which may be a part of the motherboard. This inexpensive upgrade is
available from:
Douglas Hirsch, Maximum Upgrades

4125 Thornhill Dr

Sacramento CA 95827

P.O. Box 276945

916-361-2870

916-361-2880f

http://www.maxup.com

djhirsch@maxup.com

Doug says the AMD chip appears as a Pentium 80 to diagnostic software. I'm
installing a new 32MB Kingston RAM module for $38 (one recently sold on eBay
for many times that, which is bizarre) to yield 40MB RAM. We're looking into
the new 30GB hard discs. The manufacturer apparently insists they will work
(perhaps they have a BIOS extension, as in Yon Days of DOS). Once I get the
full specs on the RAM, I'll take another look for a 64MB source--there was a
rumor about this.

Such are the current plans for World Domination. Now, does anyone have any
8" floppies in the attic for my two 1984 IBM DisplayWriters??

Malcolm Dean
1015 Gayley Av #1229
Los Angeles CA 90024-3424
Certification Magazine, The O'Reilly Network (www.oreilly.com)
Former News Editor, Maximum Linux, XML Journal
malcolmdean@earthlink.net