[ltp] mwavem_1.0-6_i386.deb

Thomas Hood linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Thu, 26 Jul 2001 22:55:29 +0100 (BST)

Please note that the mwavem debian package is now up
to release 1.0-6.  The package is now lintian clean and
somewhat tested.  Get the latest package via:
   http://panopticon.csustan.edu/thood/tp600lnx.htm#secmodem

If you decide to upgrade, I recommend that you dpkg --purge
the old package, then clean out files or directories named 'mwave'
or 'mwavem' from /etc/apm/event.d, /etc/devfs/conf.d, /etc/modutils/,
/etc/init.d, /etc, and /usr/share before installing the new
package.  If you use devfs, it is especially important to remove
cruft from /etc/devfs/conf.d.

I have installed kernel 2.4.7-ac1 and I found that the mwave driver
patch (20010718) for kernel 2.4.6 applies to the new kernel without
any serious problem.  I have not tried to compile the mwave driver
integrally, though.  One user reported failure when he tried to do
that.  The driver certainly does work when compiled as a loadable
module, though.

--
Thomas Hood

=====