[ltp] Red Hat 7.1 Oon TP 600E

Brad Langhorst linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Sun, 3 Jun 2001 17:12:57 -0400

> 1. Sound card doesn't work. How can i make it work?
you need alsa or need to specify manual parameters for the IO and IRQ when
you insert the sound module
have a look thomas hood's excellent web page (google should find it for you)

> 2. Linux Red Hat 7.1 (kernel 2.4.x) only recognises my processor machine as
> pentium II (100.xx) MHZ instead of 400.xx Mhz as shown in BIOS. How can I
> make the kernel so it can recognise the processor?
this is probably a result of APM throttling your cpu to reduce power
consumption.  Try plugging it in and have a look at /proc/cpuinfo then...

brad