[ltp] Red Hat 7.1 Oon TP 600E

Nils Smeds linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Mon, 4 Jun 2001 01:14:24 +0200 (METDST)

> 2. Linux Red Hat 7.1 (kernel 2.4.x) only recognises my processor machine as
> pentium II (100.xx) MHZ instead of 400.xx Mhz as shown in BIOS. How can I
> make the kernel so it can recognise the processor?
this is probably a result of APM throttling your cpu to reduce power
consumption.  Try plugging it in and have a look at /proc/cpuinfo then...

In my IBM 600E the cpu-speed seems to be fixed at boot and doesn't change
after that. That is, if I cold-boot while on AC-power I will get full speed
in /proc/cpuinfo, but if I boot on battery and then connect I will get
1/4 of the speed even if I later connect to AC power.

I have not investigated if this is a configuration error of mine (and
what it may consist in) or if it is inherent to the model itself. I
have a 2645-550 which is of the earlier ones (the ones you can not connect
the external floppy without rebooting).

Perhaps unrelated to this I have found on my system (using RedHat 7.0 and
earlier 6.2) that I need to make sure that apmd is not running to have
suspend and hibernate work using Fn+F4/Fn+F12

/Nils