[ltp] Internal modem on an A21m

Ravi Pratap M linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Tue, 5 Jun 2001 05:42:26 +0530 (IST)

Hello everybody,

	I have an A21m which has an internal 3Com 56K PCI modem. This
modem works nicely in Windows 98 and even shows up on the list of
devices detected by RH 7.1 in the /etc/sysconfig/hwconf file thus :

	class: OTHER
	bus: PCI
	detached: 0
	driver: unknown
	desc: "3Com Corporation|unknown device 10b7:1007"
	vendorId: 10b7
	deviceId: 1007
	subVendorId: 10b7
	subDeviceId: 6159
	pciType: 1

	Pardon my ignorance but is this what everybody calls a Winmodem ?
If not, how are Winmodems different ?

	Anyway, when I run the RH PPP configuration program, it doesn't
detect the modem and asks me to configure the modem manually.

	So, what do I need to do next ? Get winmodem drivers ?

	Thanks in advance.

	Regards,

		Ravi

--
"If you're smart, you'll be humble. There always is somebody
who hasn't read a book and knows twice as much as you do."

              -- David Duchonvy in Readers' Digest

	Ravi Pratap M         <ravi@che.iitm.ac.in>
                      <http://www.iitm.ac.in/~ravi>