[ltp] Is 800x600 possible on 365X (2625-2E9) DSTN?

Chris Lamothe linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Mon, 4 Jun 2001 18:45:31 -0400

I used Peanut Linux 8.1 and it worked great...besides that little affair
with the two orange lines and having to press Fn F7 but you get used to
that.

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-linux-thinkpad@bm-soft.com
[mailto:owner-linux-thinkpad@bm-soft.com]On Behalf Of david feldman
Sent: Monday, June 04, 2001 03:21 PM
To: linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Subject: [ltp] Is 800x600 possible on 365X (2625-2E9) DSTN?

I've spent more time than I'd like trying to get ANY Linux
distribution going in a Thinkpad 365X (with 11.3" DSTN display).
In general I can get 640x480 at 256 colors to work to some
extent, but that's not very satisfactory because some of the
applications don't set up scroll bars (and I haven't yet found
a scrolling-desktop window manager), and in any event when
exiting "X" the character-mode display is mangled (it looks like
downloaded font tables get overwritten; no fix possible that I've
seen yet.) Any 800x600 option results in the display having two
bright yellow lines across it but nothing otherwise visible...

TIA,

Dave wb0gaz@hotmail.com