[ltp] Re: Hibernate on Thinkpad T21 with Win2k + RH71

Markus Alt linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Tue, 05 Jun 2001 10:28:40 +0200

Alan Shutko wrote:

> Markus Alt <altmark@de.ibm.com> writes:
>
> > So it seems like RH 7.1 uses ACPI (which is still considered to be
> > experimental according to the kernel sources' documentation) by
> > default
>
> I doubt it.  ACPI on Linux doesn't support suspend yet.

Well, I haven't tried so far, but if you say this, I guess you have!
Just out of curiosity: Any other experience with ACPI under Linux?

> It probably just uses APM, which doesn't need a separate partition on
> a Win98 preload because it uses a file in the Win98 partition.

This should be the reason. I've only had NTFS filesystem for NT or 2k so
far, so I was not thinking of Linux accessing a hibernation file in
Windows' FAT partition.

Markus