[ltp] T21 modem woes

Mack Stevenson linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Wed, 06 Jun 2001 17:04:55 +0200

Hi everyone,

I own a T21 2647-8AU with a MiniPCI Intel combo card. The NIC works fine,
but the modem doesn't work with the latest Lucent kernel modules (5.99b)...

When I try to connect to my ISP, the modem dials, does the "hand-shake", but
then sits there saying "waiting for carrier...", and then outputs a lot of
garbage. After a while, it quits [I am using wvdial].

On the same machine and with the same phone line my old Xircom Ethernet +
Modem PCMCIA combo never experiences this problem...

Can you offer any advice? I have tried running it with PCMCIA card services
turned off/on, disabling all sorts of ports in the BIOS, etc... I haven't
got a clue on what else I might do to make it work!

Thank you in advance,

Mack Stevenson