[ltp] Sound in Debian

Vivek Dasmohapatra linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Thu, 7 Jun 2001 09:46:17 +0100 (BST)

On Wed, 6 Jun 2001, Bret Martin wrote:

> I am trying to get ALSA sound to work on my ThinkPad T21 under Debian
> with the 2.2.17 kernel.  I've installed all the packages required for
> alsa and I've run alsaconf to configure it but that does not seem to

Did you disable PCI bus power management [iirc] in the bios? And unmute
the relevant channels in the mixer? You haven't mentioned exactly what
'not working' means in your case: Error messages? No sound? Planet killing
asteroid strike? [although the sound chipset really shouldn'e be able to
cause one of those...]

--
You go insane if you go without sleep for too long.
And not in a good way, either.