[ltp] missing /proc/bus/pnp under 2.4.5

Tino Keitel linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Thu, 14 Jun 2001 12:10:04 +0200

linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com schrieb am 13.06.01:
> I'm trying to get my palm pilot syncing over IR to my 770E.
> I want to make sure that the serial port is enabled so I want to use lspnp.
>
> Turns out I don't have /proc/bus/pnp
>
> I've got PNP turned on in the kernel config (ISAPNP is modular and whether it
> is installed or not does not seem to matter)
>
> any idea what I'm doing wrong?
>
> google turns up nothing of interest.

It has nothing to do with the isapnp support in the kernel. The  /proc/bus/pnp is created by the pcmcia-cs driver if it is compiled with pnp support. If you use the 2.4 kernel and you don't have /proc/bus/pnp, you have

- a pcmcia-cs installed and use the pcmcia modules that are part of the kernel since kernel 2.4 (Solution: don't use the pcmcia drivers from the kernel. Recompile you kernel without PCMCIA/Cardbus support and recompile pcmcia-cs)

- a pcmcia-cs without pnp support (Solution: recompile your pcmcia-cs with pnp support)

- no pcmcia-cs installed at all.

Tino