[ltp] Ethernet card problem on a i1452, RH 7.1

Jones, John linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Thu, 14 Jun 2001 09:27:45 -0700

Ravi,
The proxy machine is on the network; I can ping it by name.  In Konqueror,
the message I get is:
"Could not connect to host proxy 63.237.2124.42, port 8080"
or if I change the port to 80, I get
"Connection to host www.msn.com is broken"

There's no place in Netscapt to configure a proxy; when I try to go to msn I
get
"Connect:  Contacting host www.msn.com..." at the bottom, and a whole lotta
waiting.
Eventually,  I get this error:
"There was no response.  The server could be down or is not responding.
If you are unable to connect again later, contact the server's
administrator."

Thanks for helping me on all this.  I used to do unix ages ago, but I was a
database geek, not an administrator; somebody else did all this then :-).