[ltp] screen going blank on Thinkpad 760XL

Hamish Kibblewhite linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Fri, 15 Jun 2001 12:10:45 +1200

Hi,
       does anyone know how I can *STOP* the screen going blank on a 760XL
running Linux.

Have tried a bunch of things so far.

Latest bios.  tpctl commands. ...
xset, setterm...

Haven't hit the magic combination yet.  I want the screen on at all times
as this is a screen I want to use as a monitoring screen.  If I am unable
to just glance at it from time to time to see what the information from the
running application is... then the 760XL isn't going to be much use to me.
regards,
Hamish Kibblewhite
Mobile 64-21-705020   Office 64-9-359-8881  Fax 64-9-359-8400
e-mail - internet kibblew@nz1.ibm.com