[ltp] RH7.1 on a A21e

Kevin Stachowski linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Mon, 18 Jun 2001 20:39:45 -0700 (PDT)

I'm very impressed with RH7.1 on my A21e, that is
until it locks up the machine several minutes after it
boots.  I can load 7.0 and it works fine (although it
takes forever to boot).  7.1 locked up multiple times
when I was trying to install it.  But what can I say
I'm persistant (or just stuborn) and I kept trying,
thinking that when I finally got it installed it might
actually work.  I think the longest its stayed working
is ten minutes after it boots, that is if it boots.

Does anybody have any idea what it is in 7.1 that
causes it to lockup.

I think 7.1 has some real nice features for laptops
and I would like to use it unfortunetly I'm not
enjoying the "lockup your Thinkpad shortly after you
boot it" feature.  Then again maybe I'm looking at
this in the wrong way, maybe its the "7.0 is good
enough for you" feature or the "You've been spending
too much time in front of your Thinkpad" feature.  By
the way, I did a partitionless install of RH(with 7.0
and 7.1), my Thinkpad has 196MB of Ram with a 700Mhz
Celeron.

-- Kevin Stachowski