[ltp] Problems with MPEG/DVD on 770E under RH 7.1

Adam Benjamin linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Wed, 20 Jun 2001 12:31:13 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 20 Jun 2001, Brad Langhorst wrote:

> I have a 770E - it doesn't have enough CPU to decode a DVD but some smaller
> mpegs work fine.

I agree - the DVD was certainly too low a frame rate. Was interesting
to try though.

> Try the xine client or the videolan client instead of livid.

xine seems to invoke the same problem.  It defaulted to the doublesize
mode I was mentioning and so I could see the image but there was
the same blue boarder with garbage surrounding the movie.  It also
(after stopping and starting a couple times) locked up the machine.

In other words, whatever is causing the problem is in common with both
players.  Any other suggestions?

(I'm heartened to hear that yours works fine.  :) )

Thanks,

Adam Benjamin