[ltp] Problems with MPEG/DVD on 770E under RH 7.1

Adam Benjamin linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Wed, 20 Jun 2001 14:47:31 -0400 (EDT)

> > the same blue boarder with garbage surrounding the movie.  It also
> > (after stopping and starting a couple times) locked up the machine.
> >
> > In other words, whatever is causing the problem is in common with both
> > players.  Any other suggestions?

> have a look at my XF86Config-4 file
> http://www.langhorst.com/thinkpad
>
> maybe there is some difference?

There were a few differences.  You loaded more modules.  You also have
the Horizontal and Vertical sync rates fixed.  No matter.  Switching
to those settings has the same effect.  Still sounds nice, and looks
good when doing other things.  Still the same problem when playing
mpegs.

I tried doing a screen grab of what's in the window.  All I got was
the blue background.  ie.  it looks like the system throws up a blue
window and then (at a lower level) something throws data on top of
that - sort of a blue screening effect.

This sound familiar to anyone?

Thanks for your efforts,

Adam Benjamin