[ltp] serial port on Thinkpad 600E

Christian Ceelen linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Thu, 21 Jun 2001 19:17:19 +0200

Hi,

I tried to power on the serial port on my TP with "tpctl -rs1=on" but
the result is following:
tpctl: serial port 1 base address has been set to 0x66e0
resource state:                                       current
   serial port 1:                                     disable 0x66e0
IRQ4

thereafter i set port 1 to its normal address. I tried to communicate
with a debug machine, but not a single character was printed in minicom.
The debug setup works correctly with Win2k on the same machine. The
serial settings look ok (115200, 8N1, IRQs, Port, ttyS's ...), at least
setserial finds both UARTS and configures them.

Everything except the "tpctl -rs1=on" and reactions of minicom works
perfectly according to different webpages.

I'm using Suse 7.2 (tpctl 1.0, Kernel 2.4.4)

THX for any helping comment
Christian