[ltp] Where to start on an i1480

Marshall Rudd linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Thu, 21 Jun 2001 15:09:37 -0600

I have decided that my life is not peaceful enough so I want to install
linux on my i1480 IBM laptop with 196 MB of ram, Windows 2000, and a six gig
hard drive, two of which are designated for Linux.  I live near Caldera
Software and for some reason have decided that I would go with their
eDesktop distribution.  It seems that Redhat comes up a lot on this list, is
that the distribution that I should be using?  I downloaded the latest
eDesktop version and burned it.  Being the cheap college student that I am I
thought that I could just get the free version to avoid the costs.  Is it
necessary to get the retail package box?  I have found many instruction
manuals on the web but all seem to be more of a Q and A than steps to
follow.  Does any one recommend a better manual?

Thanks for any help,
Marshall Rudd