[ltp] PS2.EXE and FreeDOS

Martin Bright linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Thu, 28 Jun 2001 11:51:52 +0100 (BST)

I have just succesfully purged Windows from my ThinkPad 600E and used GNU
parted to expand my Linux partition.  I've left room for a small DOS
partition and I want to create a hibernation file.  But there are
problems:

 - I can boot off a FreeDOS boot diskette and see the DOS partition, but
"sys a:" doesn't work.  This isn't vital, but would be nice.

 - I no longer have PS2.EXE.  I can download it from the `device driver
matrix' on IBM's support site, but it comes as a compressed executable
which won't run under DOS.  What a great idea!

How have other people managed to get round this problem?  Can I somehow
get PS2.EXE off the recovery CD?

Thanks
Martin

--