[ltp] Limited Sucess with simultaneous CRT + LCD display on T21

D. Sen linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Fri, 29 Jun 2001 15:33:02 -0400

I have had limited sucess in having simultaneous CRT + LCD display with
the T21.

This did not work either by toggling the Fn+F7 or with Tim Roberts'
s3switch utility.

However, when I slightly modified Tim's s3switch code to enable "DUO_ON"
in his set_active_device( int iDevice ) function (by changing the line
"r.ecx = iDevice" to "r.ecx=iDevice|0x80"), I can get simultaneous
display while in a virtual terminal. With X, I get display on both the
LCD and the CRT.........but the CRT display is "garbled" or desynched.

It seems to be very close to a working solution......if only someone
either at IBM or knowledge of graphics-chipset programming could give us
a clue. We know that Tim isnt allowed to work on this without consent
from S3 (or their new owners)..... Does his contract prevent him from
giving us a clue on how to modify s3switch so we can have it working?

*sigh*

DS
--
D. Sen, Room E167