[ltp] APMD and Standby on the TP-T21

D. Sen linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Thu, 01 Mar 2001 16:58:52 -0500

Interesting.....this would be fine if all it was doing was blanking out the
screen....but I am pretty sure, its doing something to the hard drive. There
is a one-to-one correspondence with my pressing Fn+F3 and a line appearing on
syslog saying "hda: lost interrupt".

I got around hda error messages when suspending the machine by calling hdparm
through the apmd_proxy.

I dont particularly want to use standby (Fn+F3).......BUT when I close the
laptop lid, with a pcmcia card in it, it defaults to the standby mode (instead
of suspend which is what happens when there are no pcmcia cards in the slots).
So....I can't close the laptop lid.....without ejecting my network
cards....which gets to be a hassle.

DS
Michael Selway wrote:

>    > Are you aware of BIOS problems in the T21 that would explain why I am
>    > not seeing apmd call the apmd_proxy script for standby events? Suspend
>    > seems to work fine.
>
> Well, fwiw, on my TP600E I don't get apmd_proxy called either when
> I press Fn+F3 "standby".  All that happens is the screen blanks.
> The machine continues running and consuming power.  It's just like
> a screen-blanking screen-saver cut in.
>
> Michael.

D. Sen, Room E167
AT&T Labs-Research