[ltp] Debian Roll Your Own kernel

tom linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Thu, 01 Mar 2001 19:09:39 -0500

Thomas Hood wrote:

> --- tom <tallison@phoenixdsl.com> wrote:
> > How would I go about reinserting [pcmcia] into the existing (2.2.18)
> > kernel build?
>
> Get the pcmcia-source package; untar /usr/src/pcmcia-cs.tar.gz ---
> it goes into /usr/src/modules; and then run
>    make-kpkg modules_image
> at the root of your kernel source tree.  This will build a pcmcia-modules
> package which you can then install using dpkg; it contains all the pcmcia
> modules you need.

Quick question.
I don't have to do this pcmcia package again even if I change the
kernel tree.  Unless the new kernel is incompatable, right?
That is, I can build/rebuild the kernel 2.2.xx without worrying
about the pcmcia modules being a problem.

--
  7:08pm  up 24 days,  1:19,  2 users,  load average: 0.00, 0.01,
0.00