[ltp] APMD and Standby on the TP-T21

D. Sen linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Fri, 02 Mar 2001 21:24:32 -0500

I suspend the machine using either apm -s or.....ejecting the PCMCIA & Fn+F4, before
shutting the lid.

By the way, I tried apm -S ....and apmd called the apmd_proxy script with "standby
user". So apmd is working fine. The problem has to be apm support in the kernel....or
the BIOS....I would think...

tom wrote:

> "D. Sen" wrote:
> >
> > Thats a neat way to suspend the machine. I use 'apm -s' in similar ways.
> > However,
> > its still not a solution to when you *dont* want to suspend the
> > machine......but
> > just want to shut the lid.
> >
> > Michael Selway wrote:
> >
> > >    I dont particularly want to use standby (Fn+F3).......BUT when I close the
> > >    laptop lid, with a pcmcia card in it, it defaults to the standby mode (instead
> > >    of suspend which is what happens when there are no pcmcia cards in the slots).
> > >    So....I can't close the laptop lid.....without ejecting my network
> > >    cards....which gets to be a hassle.
> > >

> So..
> what do you do?
> --
>   8:45pm  up 25 days,  2:56,  2 users,  load average: 0.03, 0.08,
> 0.02

D. Sen, Room E167
AT&T Labs-Research
Shannon Laboratory