[ltp] Easy Setup (was: ibm thinkpad 770)

Markus Alt linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Sat, 03 Mar 2001 22:51:56 +0100

Thomas Hood wrote:

> Aha.  Yes, that makes sense.  Usually I have that
> feature disabled.
>
> --- Michael Selway <mas@ssl.co.uk> wrote:
> > The tp600 has a facility where you can have a tap on the top of
> > the trackpoint be seen as a mouse click.  I've always assumed
> > spurious selection in Easy Setup is because this facility is
> > enabled and I'm not used to it and am inadvertently triggering
> > mouse clicks.
> >
> > This is a total guess on my part, but since it occurred to me,
> > the spurious triggering has stopped.

Hmm, I don't remember correctly any more, but I think I had the same
(mis)behaviour once when using an external mouse. So maybe an icon in
Easy Setup is selected by placing the cursor on it for a certain amount
of time? Perhaps someone can cross-check it with an external mouse,
FWIW. As said, I have a T21 meanwhile - this is just out of curiosity.

Markus