[ltp] APMD

Geert Janssen linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Mon, 5 Mar 2001 10:46:15 -0500

Dear All,

I noticed some discusion going on on apm and apmd.
I just wanted to say that in version 3.0final's man page it is
mentioned that by default it expects "apmd_proxy" to reside in
"/etc/apmd/". I dutifully did that and then discovered that the
script wasn't run when I suspended etc.
Careful examination of the "apmd" executable revealed that it
expects the proxy script to be "/etc/apmd_proxy".
So either move the file or use the -P option to apmd
(e.g. in /eytc/sysconfig/apmd).
Maybe this little flaw exists in other version as well.

Geert
--
Dr. Geert Janssen                Phone: 914 945 2198 / Fax: 914 945 4469
IBM T.J. Watson Research Center  P.O. Box 218, Bldg. 801, Office 33-144