[ltp] ultrabay how recognize it on linux??

Michael Selway linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Wed, 7 Mar 2001 10:24:46 GMT

 [...]
>  interface using "hdparm -U"; but if I did unregister the interface
>  then after a few iterations of the above, I would get kernel
>  panics.

Thomas,

I don't use my hard-disc adapter in the ultrabay solely because of
your advice that There Be Dragons if I swap between CD and hard
disc without re-booting.  Is the problem "only" that the kernel
panics?  I got the impression (not sure where from) that you'd
seen data corruption on your internal hard drive.  In the
interests of research I'll risk a kernel panic, but I'm not up for
data corruption.

Michael.