[ltp] FAT32 or not

Brendan Byrne linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Thu, 8 Mar 2001 15:58:55 +1100

I have an NTFS partion (15GB) then three linux partions(4GB,2GB,512MB)
followed by a FAT32 Partion(6.5GB).
I am running Redhat 7.0 and Win2K pro with the lilo boot manager. On
Thinkpad A21p.
I don't think you will have a problem with FAT32.

Cheers,
Brendan

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-linux-thinkpad@bm-soft.com
[mailto:owner-linux-thinkpad@bm-soft.com]On Behalf Of chris christensen
Sent: Thursday, 8 March 2001 3:44 PM
To: linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Subject: [ltp] FAT32 or not

I just installed a new hard drive on the TP600. A fresh install of Linux
will come next by shrinking the Win98 partition down to 1gig. The last time
I did this the drive was not fat32 before I repartitoned with diskdrake,
then convereted the Win partition to FAT32. I have heard that there are
problems with FAT32 and Linux  partitioning.

Should Make that Windows partiton just FAT before the install or does it
matter?

Chris Christensen