[ltp] APMD and Standby on the TP-T21

Markus Alt linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Thu, 08 Mar 2001 09:12:18 +0100

"D. Sen" wrote:

> Markus,
>
> One last question. You said you go through one hibernate/resume cycle.
> Could
> you try a suspend (Fn+F4)/resume cycle and monitor your syslog for hda
> messages?
>
> I ask because when I go through a suspend/resume cycle.....I get the
> following
> syslog messages:
>
> Mar  4 06:00:19 localhost kernel: hda: timeout waiting for DMA
> Mar  4 06:00:19 localhost kernel: hda: irq timeout: status=0x50 {
> DriveReady
> SeekComplete }

Sorry for not responding earlier. No, I don't see any of these messages,
regardless whether I do a system suspend via <Fn><F4> or a user suspend
via "apm --suspend".

> Unless that is, I disable dma using hdparm just before suspend (from the
> apmd
> script). I re-enable dma after the resume.

I remember you mentioned that your HD parameters differ from mine in
that you have 32 bit support enabled and also unmask IRQ set to 1. Could
the latter be responsible for your those "hda: lost interrupt" messages
you're seeing in syslog? Is it the same behaviour if you set "unmaskirq
= 0"? Just an idea ...

With regard to the BIOS version: I have been using version 1.02a
(KZET18WW) so far. I must admit that I haven't seen that there's a new
version out since midth of January. After upgrading to the latter
(1.04/KZET22WW), the behaviour is still the same, so I don't think that
the BIOS version matters in that case.

Markus