[ltp] My thinkpad 770E configuration!

Thomas Wimmer linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Fri, 09 Mar 2001 14:43:38 +0100

Thomas Hood wrote:

> --- Thomas Wimmer <thomas@wimmer.net> wrote:
> > But I noticed a "popping" soudn once in a while even if the
> > computer is not using sound at that time (didn't noticed
> > that before my reinstall - also with alsa-drivers).
> > Any idea about that (the "popping" sound is the single klick
> > like the ones during loading of the alsa-drivers.
>
> Could it be caused by some program (e.g., esd) closing
> the sound device?

hmm, now that you mention it., it could be artsd (KDE sound-daemon)
accessing the sound-chip.

But I noticed no such "pop"'s with my previous run of alsa-drivers.

You don't know how to get rid of them, do you?

> Thomas

Thomas
--
Thomas Wimmer       |  Landing Instructions Made Easy:
thomas@wimmer.net   |  "fly towards the ground until you're