[ltp] LILO problems

Raj, Ashok linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Tue, 13 Mar 2001 13:15:38 -0800

You can alternately also boot via the emergency floppy you created.

Then add lba32 argument to the lilo command line parms which i have seen fix
the problem.

ashokr

-----Original Message-----
From: Brad Langhorst [mailto:brad@langhorst.com]
Sent: Tuesday, March 13, 2001 10:27 AM
To: linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Subject: Re: [ltp] LILO problems

On Monday 12 March 2001 07:12 pm, you wrote:
> Hi,
> Everything
> was working fine until I tried to install a new kernel with LILO, after
> which when I booted I would get the following:
>
> LIL-

this sounds like an OLD bug in lilo...
i remeber if the kernel was not below sector 1024 on the disk it would not
load properly.  If you have partition magic you could try adding
a small \boot partition at the beginning of your disk and move your kernels
there.

I still do this on my machines even though it is supposed to be fixed by
now.

good luck

brad