[ltp] X freezing

Tzonkov, Alex linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Fri, 16 Mar 2001 13:45:23 -0800

Hi All,

I recently installed RH 7.0 on my 600E. One problem I am experiencing is
while I am in X the system freezes up I cannot use
Ctrl-Alt-Backspace to shut the X server down and Ctrl-Alt-Del does nothing
as well. The only thing I can resort to is power switch, whic is an
improvement in Win98 I used to resort to Mr. Paper clip. Anyhow has anyone
experienced similar problems and if so any suggestions on root causing this
issue. One error message I have noticed is when the sound is initialized I
get an interrupt error message but sound works. I cannot readily reproduce
the behavior, it just happens once in a while and I am not loading down the
system all I had open was Netscape and a terminal window. Any suggestions
will be appreciated. Thanks.

Regards,

Alex Tzonkov