[ltp] Another one bites the dust

George Staikos linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Tue, 20 Mar 2001 12:50:26 -0500

On Tuesday 20 March 2001 12:41, Bill Mair wrote:
> To my dismay I must inform you all that an X20 has also been hit by the
> dreaded "LM-Sensors of ThinkPad hell", that means DEAD ThinkPad with
> POST error 188.
>
> DON'T TRY LM-SENSORS ON AN IBM THINKPAD !
> IT IS EXTREMELY BAD FOR IT'S HEALTH (AND YOUR NERVES) !
>
> Come on IBM, what is the score here ? This problem was reported in July
> 2000 !!!
> This will really be a problem as the newer versions of Linux start
> rolling out with 2.4.x kernels, and people wanting (trying) packages
> like LM-Sensors.

  It looks to me like RedHat Wolverine will ship with lm_sensors installed by
default.  I wonder if the init scripts will somehow automatically use this.

   I'm really lucky that I heard about this problem on here.  The day I heard
about it actually happened to fall on the same week that I had started
playing with lm_sensors on my desktop and was planning to try them on my
iSeries machine.

--

George Staikos