[ltp] Another one bites the dust

Friedemann Baitinger linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Tue, 20 Mar 2001 21:39:53 +0100 (CET)

On Tue, 20 Mar 2001, Bill Mair wrote:

> To my dismay I must inform you all that an X20 has also been hit by the
> dreaded "LM-Sensors of ThinkPad hell", that means DEAD ThinkPad with
> POST error 188.
>
> DON'T TRY LM-SENSORS ON AN IBM THINKPAD !
> IT IS EXTREMELY BAD FOR IT'S HEALTH (AND YOUR NERVES) !
>
> Come on IBM, what is the score here ? This problem was reported in July
> 2000 !!!
> This will really be a problem as the newer versions of Linux start
> rolling out with 2.4.x kernels, and people wanting (trying) packages
> like LM-Sensors.

Since my tp770x got killed by this a while ago I contacted IBM about it
and they really started to investigate but I currently don't know
whether they were able to reproduce the problem. I will get in touch
with them and let them know that the problem is back now even with the
latest generation of ThinkPads. -- Stay tuned.

--
Friedemann Baitinger      fb@baiti.net       http://baiti.net/fb/