[ltp] Can't get X on 760EL

Michael McPhail linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Sun, 25 Mar 2001 00:17:48 -0800

I'm running Peanut Linux on a 760EL (9547, U4H) with a Pentium 133,
32MB, and can't X to run at all. I've run the "setup" program from root,
I select the Trident Cyber 9320 for the video "card", but Im not sure
what to select for the monitor. I've dug through all the docs on IBM's
site looking for H & V refresh rates but can't find anything. I tried
the first two monitor choices in "setup" (Standard VGA 640x480 @ 60Hz, &
Super VGA 800x600 @ 56Hz) but when I select done, all I get is a blank
screen.

I ran "xf86config" and, after searching the net for some config files,
tried different values for H & V but nothing seemed to work! I'm pretty
sure the chip is a 9320, but I'm in the dark (hmmm, bad pun) concerning
the monitor. Can someone please help?

Thanks in advance,
Mike McPhail
mmcphail@home.com